Kestrel DROPs are small, rugged, and accurate environmental data loggers. The Kestrel Drop D1 targets many markets including Transportation, Agriculture, Firefighting, Facilities Management, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Consumer and others.
With made in the USA quality standards and durability from NK, manufactures of Kestrel Meters, the applications are endless. From measuring environmental data during cargo transport to conditions in the field for military training to feeling secure about the climate conditions in any room, shipped box, cargo, trailer, freight container, to as simple as a room in your home or office building, you are able to measure all of these conditions even when you’re physically not there. And if you're looking for a way to attach your DROP right where you need it.
Built to Kestrel’s brand specific rugged durability standard, the Kestrel DROPs are waterproof (IP67 standard can be submersed in 1M of water for 30 minutes) and drop-tested to MIL-STD-810G. Users are also able to set threshold alarms where an in-app pop-up will notify a user in range that certain measurement criteria have been met.
- View, chart, record and monitor your environmental conditions
- Real time, Wireless, Graphing functionality
- Access real time or chart the data via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on your smart device
- Log options: 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Range of 100 feet for iPhone connection
- Bury it!
- Download the Kestrel Connect App directly from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
- Share real-time / logged data with Kestrel Connect app via email, text, and social media.
- Battery life of 6 months - 1 year depending on user settings and logging
- The Humidity does NOT need to be calibrated over time as with the Kestrel Wind Meters.
Agriculture (Bury It!)
We buried one 4 inches in clay soil and was able to read the signal December – April. (We also buried at 10 and 40 inches, not able to connect until I dug them up!!) Sprayed them off, replaced the battery, good as new! If someone wants to bury a DROP, we recommend the D1 as there are fewer openings for water penetration. Our spec states we are rated IP67 waterproof for 30 minutes; so as long as they are not “submerged” they should be okay. A user could always place one in a Ziploc bag if they feared standing water for longer durations of time.
DROP D1: Data Points: 13064
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 7.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 90.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 544 days
DROP D2: Data Points: 8165
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 4.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 56.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 340 days.
DROP D3: Data Points: 6220
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
- The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
- Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
- Kestrel DROP Additional Information
- Kestrel DROP Manual (PDF) Download Here
- Kestrel DROP FAQ Sheet Download Here
- Kestrel DROP Certificate of Conformity Download Here
- Kestrel DROP NIST Calibration Click Here
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 1.8 x 0.9 in. / 6 x 4.5 x 2.3 cm
- Weight: 1.2 Ounces / 34 Grams
- Model: Kestrel DROP Part # 0710TAN / 0710BLU / 0710RED
- Place of Origin: USA