LIGHTWEIGHT. VERSATILE. CLASSIC.
Made in our Portland, Oregon, factory, the Mountain Pass was created to be a lighter weight and more versatile hiking boot that still reflects our classic Danner styling. Built with light hikes and city streets in mind, the overall design is inspired by our original Mountain Light with an updated construction method that integrates the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece. This new, unified platform, combined with a low profile Vibram outsole, allowed us to significantly reduce weight and create an out-of-the-box comfort that doesn't come standard with most classic hiking boots.
The Mountain Pass was designed to be a more versatile, everyday version of our classic Mountain Light hiker. To accomplish this, we wanted to reduce weight, while still maintaining the same iconic style. By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support. Updating the outsole with a lower lugged Vibram Kletterlift Thin reduced even more weight, making the Mountain Pass 25% lighter than the original Mountain Light.
FOCUS ON COMFORT
Breaking in your leather boots is a right of passage for some, but we wanted the Mountain Pass to feel great from day one. Instantly noticeable is the plush, full-length removable footbed. We use three layers of varying density for maximum cushioning and an open-cell polyurethane material for improved air circulation. We wrapped the collar of the boot in a soft, well-conditioned leather to minimize any discomfort around the ankle.
MADE IN USA
Built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory, the Mountain Pass uses premium materials like Horween leather, GORE-TEX liners, and Vibram outsoles. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
- FULL-GRAIN LEATHER UPPER
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- GORE-TEX® (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX® liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- REMOVABLE ORTHOLITE FOOTBED
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- VIBRAM® KLETTERLIFT THIN OUTSOLE
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability for everyday use, while reducing height and weight from the traditional Kletterlift outsole.
- STITCHDOWN CONSTRUCTION
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- HOW IT FITS
- Portland made women's specific 329 last has a low profile fit for everyday wear, whether on the trail or urban exploring. It's designed to be worn with a full-length footbed and fits true to size.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. Please note we are unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of our lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages.
- 43 oz per pair
- Removable Polyurethane Ortholite
- LAST TYPE
- Vibram Kletterlift Thin
- Made in USA