- 6.5" x 9" PROformance™ submersible searchcoil (as shown)
- Instructional ACE 250 DVD
Garrett has placed big features into the ACE 250—excellent detection depth, rugged design and ease of operation—for a price that can't be beat.
“The ACE 250 has real ability and many things going for it. It is extremely light, and that means more comfortable detecting hour after hour, greater convenience in backpacking and traveling, and low-fatigue competition hunting. It is easy to understand and fun to use. Most of all, it incorporates those wonderfully expensive features into a most affordable package. ” — Ben Myers, Western & Eastern Treasures, May 2005
“The Garrett ACE 250 is a very capable and easy-to-use coin and relic detector that would also be very useful on small, shallow gold. Although it is sometimes described as a ‘beginners’ machine, it has many functions often only seen on the upper-end detectors. I love it. It fits the bill for me, being very effective at finding the stuff I want to find and telling me what will be a waste of time. It’s lightweight and straightforward, fun to use and easy to look after. And it didn’t damage the budget too much, either. ” — “Gopher,” Gold, Gem and Treasure, April 2008
- Coin Hunting, Competition Events, Dry Beach/Fresh Water Hunting
- Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting, Ghost Town Hunting
- Electronic Pinpointing: to precisely locate target and speed recovery
- Accept/Reject Discrimination: to modify discrimination patterns
- Five Search Modes: select pre-set discrimination pattern or create your own
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: to determine target depth
- Battery Condition Indicator: shows battery life continually
- Interchangeable ACE series searchcoils: are available
- Expanded Target ID Legend: easy-to-read above large LCD screen
- Pushbutton Controls: with One-Touch operation
- Other features: 3-piece travel/storage, disassembles to 24"; adjustable arm cuff; quarter-inch (1/4") size headphone jack.
Search Modes (Discrimination Patterns): 5 plus electronic pinpointing
- All Metal (Zero)
Pinpointing with the ACE 250
Pinpointing with the ACE 250 Pinpointing is one of the most important, but simple to learn, techniques you need when treasure hunting. Knowing how to pinpoint correctly can mean the difference between digging a six-inch hole or a 2-inch plug.
Using the Pinpoint Mode (ACE 250)
The ACE 250 is equipped with an electronic Pinpoint pushbutton that makes pinpointing more accurate. Using this Pinpoint Mode is simple to do. After detecting a target, place the searchcoil on the ground to the side of the target's suspected location. Now, press and hold the Pinpoint pushbutton while maintaining contact with the ground and slowly move your searchcoil from left to right and then front to back over the suspected target’s location. The maximum sound will be heard when the target is directly beneath the center of the searchcoil as shown.Also, while electronically pinpointing, the Upper Scale on the LCD indicates signal strength. When the greatest number of LCD segments (increasing left to right on the scale) is shown, the center of the searchcoil is directly over the target.
NOTE: Keeping the searchcoil on the ground will help ensure the distance between the coil and the ground remains constant throughout the pinpointing process; in this case the distance is zero inches. If the terrain does not allow for this type of "coil scrubbing" then do your best to maintain a constant height between the coil and the ground.
Target ID Cursor Segments 12
Iron Discrimination Segments 2
Accept/Reject Discrimination YES
Search Modes 5 (plus Pinpoint)
Sensitivity/Depth Adjustments 8
Electronic Pinpointing YES
Frequency 6.5 kHz
Audio Tone ID Levels 3
Standard Searchcoil 6.5" x 9" PROformance™
Length (Adjustable) 42" to 51" (1.06m - 1.29m)
Total Weight 2.7 lbs. (1.2 kgs.)
Batteries 4 AA (included)
Warranty 2 Year, Limited Parts/Labor