Date: December 8th, 2018
Position: Mechanical Designer
Competition Number: 20181208
Purpose of Position
To support Lockhart Tactical Corporation by contributing to the conceptualization, design and manufacture of innovative firearms and firearm accessories.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to conceptualize machining sequences,
special tools, work-holding fixtures, and assembly fixtures according to engineering drawings, specifications and / or computer-aided design models.
- Produce 3D models for special tools, work-holding fixtures and assembly fixtures, complete with applicable Geometric Dimensions and Tolerancing (GD&T), utilizing SolidWorks and / or equivalent.
- Produce 2D drawings for special tools, work-holding fixtures and assembly fixtures, complete with applicable Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), utilizing SolidWorks and / or equivalent.
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholders, communicating and offering resolve
to possible tooling, technical and / or manufacturing related issues.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, working on a number of projects which can vary in scope, simultaneously.
- Preform other duties and responsibilities that may arise either independently or within a team.
- Two-year Engineering / Engineering Technology Diploma preferred. In lieu of Engineering / Engineering Technology Diploma, second-year Mechanical Engineering University Student and / or training and experience in SolidWorks may substitute.
- Experience and / or knowledge of designing machining sequences, special tools, workholding fixtures, and assembly fixtures necessary for the manufacture of components.
- Experience and / or knowledge of Mechanical Assembly, Processes and Machining necessary for the manufacture of components.
- Intermediate or advanced ability deploying Computer-Aided Design (CAD) – SolidWorks and / or equivalent.
- Intermediate or advanced understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrate experience working on projects with teams as a leader and / or participant.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of Lockhart Tactical Corporations designs, data procedures and processes.
Business Unit / Department: Engineering
Reports to: Principle and / or Lead Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time Temporary / Contract / Co-operative (4, or 8 Month)
Position Start Date: Negotiable
Number of Positions: 1
Application Close: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Use this exciting opportunity to develop your engineering skills and gain experience within the Security and Defense Industry.
If you are a Co-operative Student, Lockhart Tactical will work with you directly to ensure that you attain your goals.
Position may provide the opportunity to work from home. That being said, travel to our Manufacturing Facility will required, up to 50% of the time.
If working with Lockhart Tactical as a Mechanical Designer interests you, please send your Resume to: Jobs@LockhartTactical.com With your application, please include some worked examples which demonstrate your capability with SolidWorks.
Please quote the Position Title: "Mechanical Designer” and Competition Number: “LT20181208” in the subject line.