KESTREL METER 5100 RACING METER
The Kestrel 5100 Pocket Weather Meter is Kestrel's Racing pit meter. Kestrel has been trusted for years for last minute tuning decisions. Get readings where it counts, on the track, not the trailer. With the new LINK technology, you can get readings right to your smartphone up to 100 feet away!
Kestrel 5100 available in:
- Racing Red: $269
- Racing Red with Bluetooth LINK: $329
The Kestrel 5100 upgraded from the Kestrel 4250 in November of 2015. Functionally, you're getting the same environmental features with some overall big improvements to the meter itself.
What's new with the Kestrel 5100 over the previous Kestrel 4250 series:
- Bluetooth LINK work with PC/Mac via Dongle
- Bluetooth LINK to Smartphones / Mobiel / Android / IOS
- Takes 1 AA battery (instead of 2 AAA)
- Battery door is in the back, sealed away from the motherboard, should your battery leak as was common with all the 4000 series
- Improved high resolution screen for any lighting (even sunlight) and easy on your eyes.
- Intuitive user-interface screen navigation
- Multiple Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window
- All meters include both options of Red (NV - Night Vision) & White backlights.
- Slightly bigger, not really noticeable difference
- Roughly 10,000 data points.
The Kestrel 5100 has these distinct monitoring functions over the other 5000 series:
- Moisture Content (Water Grains)
- Air density
- Relative air density (RAD)
These added features make the 5100 the Kestrel Meter of choice for anyone tuning their engine off weather conditions.
If you select the Bluetooth Kestrel LINK model, your meter includes custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data and transfer data to other applications. It is no longer necessary to purchase an interface separately, the new Kestrel Meters with Bluetooth include the software necessary to communicate wirelessly at a range of up to 100 feet with a clear line of site (walls or obstacles will effect this range).
Note, you will need a Dongle to connect with your computer. A workaround if you don't have this with you would be to upload your data to your mobile smartphone and email it to yourself and open it on your Mac/PC. On the 4000 series you did not need the Dongle.
All 5000 series meters will have both a bright green backlight, which is great for even high sunlight conditions, and a night-vision preserving backlight. The red night vision (NV) backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This 'night vision' is not compatible with night-vision equipment.) Basically, with the red backlight, your eyes don't need to adjust when looking from your meter to the horizon in night time use.
The Kestrel Meter 5100 Weather Meter measures/features
- Measures moisture content ( water grains),
- Air density
- Relative air density (RAD)
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Current, average, and maximum air velocity
- Waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 2900 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface) Mac or PC
- Works with Android and iPhone Apps!
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android (Android coming soon!)
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Kestrel Meter 5100 Includes:
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5100 Weather Meter (Red): 0851RED
- Kestrel 5100 Weather Meter (Red): 0851LRED
Kestrel Meter 5100 Additional Information
- Kestrel 5100 (PDF) Quick Start Guide English
- Kestrel 5100 Series (PDF) Certificates of Conformity English
- Kestrel LiNK Bluetooth Apps. Click Here
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 5100 Racing Meter: Part # 0851RED
- Model: Kestrel 5100 Racing Meter with LiNK, Part # 0851LRED
- Place of Origin: USA